WHAT TO SUBMIT
Every Concept will have a brief description of the theme and item type you should create, but these are only starting points: your vision is at the heart of this feature, and of Highrise as a whole.
1. Medium: Feel free to create your Concept using pen and paper, Photoshop, Illustrator, Procreate, or any other medium you’re most comfortable with.
2. Re-entries: If one of your Concepts or Contest designs doesn’t get selected, you may resubmit your Concept art to any number of relevant Concepts. However, please stay on theme!
3. Originality: Your work should be your own. Any artwork lifted from Instagram, DeviantArt, or other art communities will be disqualified, as will designs depicting copyrighted characters or other IPs.
4. Drawing Assistance: You may use references, drawing aids, and staff-made Highrise items as bases in your Concepts. We’re looking for good ideas, which is not necessarily the same thing as good art!
5. References: Any Highrise-made item can be used as a base or reference for any concept. Using an item as a base or reference means using it as a foundation upon which you build your finished work. Ideally, we won't be able to tell which item you used in your creative process! If you're participating in a Redesign Concept, you rework any Highrise item. These items do not have a name in the Inspired By field. They are free game to recolor, reshape, and edit however you like!
6. Player Items: Anyone may freely use Highrise items designed by staff as references and in redesigned items. However, you may not trace items designed by other players. Please report any designs you believe to be using player material, and our team will review the submission. You can, however, redesign your own items.
All submissions will be regarded as User-Generated Content as defined in the Pocket Worlds Terms of Service. By submitting a design, you acknowledge Highrise will own the rights to the finished items, and that your compensation will take the form of free items and/or gold.
CREATE MULTIPLE SUBMISSIONS
Got lots of ideas? Great! In any concept, you may share multiple submissions. Please read each concept's guidelines to ensure you're uploading your work correctly! Submission criteria varies between Grab Concepts, Single Item Concepts, Single Outfit Concepts, and Redesign Concepts. While you can create multiple submissions, please create a new submission for each concept design you upload. This is to help ensure that when someone views your concept, they are able to clearly identify the item or grab they’re voting for. Help us keep Concepts fair!
It’s dangerous to go alone! Take a partner - if you like. Collaborations are allowed in Concepts, but for now, collaborations are limited to dynamic duos only (two designers). If you have a partner, please have only one person submit your shared Concept, and add your partner’s name on the entry.
Collab entries count toward your total! If a concept has a cap of 10 entries per player, any collab designs you submit will be considered part of your 10. For example, if you submit 6 solo entries, you'll only be able to submit 4 collab entries.
Our messenger only supports 1-1 conversations, so please keep in mind that whoever submits your Concept will be responsible for all communication with our team. Additionally, we do not increase total compensation (items, gold) for collaborations!
Attempts to artificially boost your score by offering gold or other incentives in exchange for gold is not allowed. Additionally, any other malicious behaviors outlined in our Community Guidelines (ie, witch-hunting, newsfeed campaigns against another artist, etc) may also result in your disqualification from a Concept, and possibly lead to a mute, suspension, or a ban.
Looking for more info on how to create Highrise items? Check out our Designer Resources!
Teamwork makes the dream work! When communicating with Highrise Staff through the Concepts messenger, please be respectful and remember that we’re all in this together, and all want to see Highrise continue to evolve into its best self.
Worried about whether your Concept suits a theme? Don’t be! No one will ever get disqualified for trying something new, or slightly misinterpreting a Concept’s prompt. In any case, the people will decide whether your design matches a theme or not, and bubble up the best, most creative entries.