Adding Your First Assets to Your World
This tutorial will guide you step-by-step in adding your First Assets World to the HIGHRISE World Builder.
We encourage you to follow along with the video tutorial to ensure a successful setup.
Step 1: Access the Assets Panel:
- Open your world-building software.
- Locate the Assets Panel on the left-hand side of your workspace.
Step2: Create a New Folder:
- Right-click within the Assets Panel.
- select "Create New Folder" from the context menu.
Step 3: Name the Folder:
- Give your new folder a descriptive name. Let's call it "Models" in this example.
- You will now see the "Models" folder in your Assets Directory. This folder will serve as the repository for your 3D models.
Step 4: Import 3D Models:
- Ensure your 3D models are in the FBX file format. If they are not in this format, you may need to convert them using appropriate software.
- Navigate to your 3D model files. Suppose you have a separate asset pack or directory. In that case, you can access it now.
- Extract the FBX files from your chosen location.
- Copy the FBX files you extracted from your asset pack.
- Paste these files into the "Models" folder you created in your Assets Panel.
- Return to the builder interface of your world-building software.
- Check the Assets Panel to ensure that your new FBX files have been successfully added to your project.
Step 5: Add Assets to Your Room:
- To use these 3D models in your scene, drag and drop them from the Assets Panel into the room or environment you are creating.
Step 6: Position and Customize:
- Once added to your scene, you can position, scale, and customize these assets as needed to fit your world's design.
Congratulations! You've successfully added your first assets to your world
Continue to build and enhance your virtual environment by incorporating more assets as necessary.