Creating Glowing Materials
In this guide you will learn how to create glowing/neon materials with emission and post processing.
Step 1: Setup the Post Processing
- Create a new Empty Gameobject, named "PostProc", in the Hierarchy
- Use the Inspector to give PostProc a Volume Component
- Click New in the component properties to create a new Volume Profile
- Add a Bloom "Override"
Step 2: Add a Camera
- Create a new Camera Object in the Hierarchy
- Enable post processing in the camera's properties. This camera is just to preview the Bloom effect. Disable or Delete it before testing and publishing
Step 3: Create and Asign the Material
- Create a new Material with the "Highrise Unlit" Shader. (Highrise > Unlit)
- Set your Emission color and strength
- Assign the material to your mesh
Congratulations! You've Created Your neon material!
That's it! You've successfully created a glowing neon material. Now, you can light up your scene and build in Style!